EXCLUSIVE Masungi Georeserve Tour from Manila, Philippines 2020 Travel Guide
EXCLUSIVE Masungi Georeserve Tour from Manila, Philippines 2020
Best Way to Get There, Things You Can See, and More!
One of the great things about the Philippines is its beautiful islands. If you are in Manila and do not have a chance to visit the islands, then the next best thing you can do is to go outside the city. Luckily, the Masungi Georeserve is a great one-day getaway.
The Masungi Georeserve
The Masungi Georeserve is located in Baras, Rizal and is one of the privately-led conservation areas in the Philippines. Here, you can catch breath-taking views of unique rock formations of limestone and karst, while traversing stone trails, rope courses, and hanging bridges. You will definitely get an adrenaline rush from the adventure!
⛰️ The Trails
Below is the info taken directly from the Masungi Georeserve Website.
☀️ Day Trail
- Get up and close with the karst terrain and its highlights
- Trek through the conservation area’s walkways and rope courses
- Enjoy panoramic sights at the Nanay and Tatay viewing decks
? Night Trail
- Arrive near dusk to enjoy the sunset
- Explore the karst landscape underneath the moonlight
- Trek through the conservation area’s walkways with surprise light encounters along the way
- Take a campfire break and savour snacks of grilled homemade chorizo, vegetables, and indigenous tea
- Come in harmony with one of the few remaining pine stands in the area
- Participate in restoration works and immerse in the tree planting and nurturing
- Take a rest on the hammocks and floating huts
- Enjoy panoramic sights at the ranger station
To see the Georeserve, you MUST book a private tour, and there are TWO ways you can do this:
? OPTION 1: Book a Private Tour Through The Masungi Website
You can book a tour directly with the reserve, but you MUST have a minimum of 7 people.
Trail Options & Prices
|DISCOVERY TRAIL||LEGACY TRAIL||DISCOVERY TRAIL & DINING AT SILAYAN|
|Private Trail for:||7-14 guests (day trail) & 7-10 guests (night trail)||7-14 guests||7-14 guests|
|Trail Approximate Duration:||3-4 hours||3-4 hours||3-4 hours|
|Day Trail Conservation Fee:||Introductory Conservation Fee:||Conservation Fee & Dining:|
|Weekends||PHP 1,800 ($34 USD)||PHP 1,000 ($19 USD)||PHP 2,650 ($50 USD)|
|Weekdays||PHP 1,500 ($29 USD)||PHP 1,000 ($19 USD)||PHP 2,350 ($45 USD)|
|Night Trail Conservation Fee:|
|Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.||PHP 1,800 ($34 USD)|
✔️ OPTION 2: Book an Exclusive Tour Package from Klook
This is the tour I went with myself, and I recommend it for the following reasons:
- You DO NOT need to find your own group of people to meet the minimum requirement!
- Free breakfast meal, snacks, and water included
- Free transportation to/from Makati, Metro Manila
- Includes guided tour of the Masungi Georeserve
- BEST VALUE for your money!
- 7:00am-8:00am Breakfast and briefing of Masungi Georeserve Policies
- 8:00am-10:00am Travel to Masungi
- 10:00am-2:00pm Masungi Discovery Trail
- 2:00pm-3:00pm Snacks and Refreshments
- 3:00pm-5:00pm Travel back to Manila
? Tour Comparisons (Pros & Cons)
|Masungi Georeserve Website||Klook Tour Package from Manila|
|Costs||$19 - $50||$49.05 USD|
|✔️ Pros:||More Trail Options to Choose From.||Transportation to/from the Georeserve|
|Easier to meet the minimum requirement of 7 people.|
|Breakfast meal, snacks, and water included.|
|❌ Cons:||Must arrange your own transportation to/from the reserve.||You're set with the one trail that the tour group goes on.|
|Not good if you have less than 7 people.|
|No breakfast included.|
? Final Thoughts
➡️ To get the BEST VALUE for your time and money, I recommend going with Klook's Masungi Georeserve Tour.
✅ BOOK HERE NOW: Klook Masungi Georeserve Day Tour from Manila
I tried booking through Klook but it asks for minimum 2 pax. Boo 🙁
Hi Audrey, sorry to hear you ran into that issue. Looks like they added that change unfortunately. You can always bring a friend 🙂
I am a solo traveller, unfortunately – and I really don’t understand this policy. Anyhow perhaps its is a sign that I should forget Masungi even though I travel to PH every year 🙁
From my experience with Klook, you can always contact their support directly to see if they can make an exception.