Taiwan High Speed Rail Discounts for Foreigners, Tourists & Solo Travelers 外國游客:台灣高鐵優惠票
Where to Find Taiwan High Speed Rail Discounts for Foreigners, Tourists & Solo Travelers?
The Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR, HSR) or 台灣高鐵 runs from Taipei (in the north) to Kaohsiung (in the south), at a max speed of 300 km/h (186 mph). A ride from Taipei to Kaohsiung takes approximately 1 hour 34 mins, while driving can take 3.5 to 4 hours.
TICKETS & FARES 票/票價
A standard reserved seat ticket from Taipei to Kaohsiung costs NT$1490 (~$50 USD). Cheaper non-reserved seats are available for NT$1445 (~$46.77 USD).
There are a couple ways to purchase tickets:
- In-person at the High Speed Rail Stations, either via the kiosks or at a service counter.
- Online through the Taiwan High Speed Rail Website.
- Through their T Express Mobile App:
- At convenience stores, such as Family Mart, 7-11, Ok Mart, and Hi-Life.
- Via their Telephone Voice Response Service.
TAIWAN HIGH SPEED RAIL DISCOUNTS 台灣高鐵優惠票
*Important: Only Non-ROC (Taiwanese) Passport Holders can get the discounts.*
➡️DISCOUNTED ONE-WAY TICKETS 高鐵優惠單程票:
➡️DISCOUNTED UNLIMITED PASS 優惠周遊券:
FARE TABLE 票價表
HSR Fare Table – Standard Tickets:
*As of 12/14/17
Here is the complete schedule:
You can also search directly on their website for the standard price tickets.