How to Get to Kenting, Taiwan – Transportation Discounts & Deals 2020
Best Ways to Travel to Kenting, Taiwan 2020 | Transportation Bundles, Discounts, and more!
Kenting is in the Southernmost part of Taiwan. Here, you get to enjoy some beautiful white sand beaches and beautiful views.
In this article, I will tell you all the ways to get to Kenting and give you the best transportation discounts.
🚌 Getting Around: Taiwan
Taiwan has a really convenient public transportation system. I’ve written a full guide on getting around, so I won’t explain too much here. ➡️ See: Getting Around Taiwan: A Guide to Transportation for Foreign & Solo-Travelers
In general, getting around is very simple using Taiwan’s ➡️ EasyCard<span> </span>or ➡️ IPass. Both of these cards work for all public transportation around the entire island. You can even use them to pay for items at convenience stores such as 7-Eleven, FamilyMart, HiMart, etc.
If you plan to visit Taiwan often and have the U.S. Global Entry, you can also consider signing up for Taiwan’s E-Gate program. ➡️ See: How to Skip the Lines at Taiwan’s Airports with U.S. Global Entry
🚌 Getting Around: Kenting
Getting around Kenting, unfortunately, is a bit harder if you don’t have a scooter or a car.
- Rent a car / scooter (requires an international driver’s license/permit)
- Hire a driver
- Book a group/private tour
🚎 How To Get to Kenting
There are two ways to get to Kenting. If you are going from Taipei, you can either go by plane or by High Speed Rail + Car.
🗺️ From Taipei to Kenting
✈️ By Plane
Flights are only available from the Taipei Songshan Airport (TSA) once a day. It flies directly to Kenting’s nearest Airport in Pingtung: Hengchun Airport.
➡️ ALSO SEE: Taipei Taiwan Airport Transportation Discounts Guide
🚄 By High Speed Rail + Car/Shuttle
- To get to Kenting, you will first stop in Kaohsiung. Then from Kaohsiung, you will get to Kenting by Car/Shuttle.
- A High Speed Rail ride from Taipei to Kaohsiung takes approximately 1 hour 34 mins, while driving can take 3.5 to 4 hours.
✅ If you are a foreigner, you can get additional discounts on Taiwan’s High Speed Rail Tickets.
💡 Optional: Stop and Explore Kaohsiung
You can see my Kaohsiung Travel Guide here:
🗺️ From Kaohsiung to Kenting
The only way to get from Kaohsiung to Kenting is either by car, shuttle, or taxi/Uber. If you have an International Driver’s License/Permit and want to drive, you can rent a car at one of Taiwan’s many car rental companies. See Next Section.
Taxi and Uber are the least budget option, so I would NOT recommend.
🎫 Kenting Travel & Transportation Discounts
🚘 Car Rental Discounts (From Kaohsiung)
The easiest way to rent a car would be through the following discount sites. You typically get a better deal than booking through the car rental company’s website. I’ve compiled a list of the best deals I’ve found.
- ➡️ Klook: Economical Car Rental (Kaohsiung Stations Pick Up)
- ➡️ KKDay: Budget Car Rental Service in Taiwan
- ➡️ Klook: Taiwan Car Rental (KHH Airport or Zuoying HSR Station Pick Up)
- ➡️ KKDay: Taiwan Car Rental Service: Ford Kuga
- ➡️ Klook: Taiwan Premium Car Rental (Kaohsiung Stations Pick Up)
- ➡️ KKDay: Taiwan AVIS Prestige Car Rental Service
🚌 Kenting Shuttle Discounts
Instead of waiting in line in Kaohsiung to purchase your tickets, why not purchase tickets online at a discounted price? See below for the best discounts I’ve found:
- ➡️ Klook: Kenting Express Line Shared Round Trip Bus Transfers
- ➡️ KKDay: Taiwan Kaohsiung and Kenting Shared Transfer Service
🚘 Kenting Private Car Charter Tour (From Kaohsiung)
Another option is to have a private car charter take you everywhere you want. You can customize the sightseeing route with your driver.